Ironstone Vineyards is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Landscaper. This position performs maintenance of all areas related to horticulture, landscape, and garden management within the property. This position requires a fine detail for all aesthetic details of the facility’s exterior grounds. Works and participates in ensuring high standards of grounds appearance, safety, beauty, and functionality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform weeding, cultivation, ground cover pruning, shrub pruning, mulching, leaf pickup, watering by automatic sprinklers.
- Maintain irrigation system
- Perform tree trimming and tree removal, utilizing ladders and appropriate safety equipment.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Punctual, dependable, and able to work outside, including during inclement weather.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Maintain Amphitheatre grounds to keep in presentable condition year-round.
- Supervises a landscaping crew of 10
- Minimum 4 years experience working in horticulture, landscape, or plant material management, with the ability to be hands on. Degree in horticulture or landscaping preferred.
- Must possess a detailed knowledge and understanding of plants including perennials, annuals, shrubs, ground cover, grass, and trees.
- Experience with irrigation systems and maintenance
- Prior supervisory experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in use of chemicals as applicable to landscaping
- Knowledge and ability to safely operate vehicles, tools and power equipment related to grounds maintenance including appropriate use and care of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating business information by telephone or in person to internal/external contacts.
- Ability to perform continual manual labor (bending, stooping, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, walking, holding hands above head, repetitive and vigorous use of appendages).
- Ability to operate a man lift and forklift.
- Ability to understand and interpret Chemical Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Ability to build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
Language Skills: Must speak, read, and write fluent English. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.